Do you hate the idea of using a chemical laden bug repellent for another summer?
Have you become educated enough to know what effect those chemicals have on the body?
Wondering where you can get a Natural Safe Bug Repellent?
HERE IS THE ANSWER YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR...
BUG-OFF ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
This nice aroma synergy was formulated to assist in deterring mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, lice, and other insects. May also be used to neutralize bacteria, mold, and eliminate odors.
- Mix 5-10 drops Bug-Off with a carrier oil of your choice and smooth over skin.
- Add 30-40 drops to 4 ounces Fractionated Coconut Oil, put in a 4 oz spray bottle and mist onto skin.
- Add 30-40 drops to 1 Tbl vegetable glycerine and mix well then add 4 ounces distilled water and shake well to blend. Put in a 4 ounce spray bottle. Shake well before every use. Mist onto skin. (If the spray is for your pet, use 10-15 drops)
- Smoothe 1-2 drops into cat or dog’s fur, after making sure your pet approves of the blend, to help keep bugs, ticks, and fleas away.
- Put 1-2 drops on window sills, door thresholds, and corners where bugs enter your home. May need to apply every day.
Ingredients: Citronella, Cedarwood, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus radiata, Eucalyptus citriodora, Thyme, and Lemongrass.
ESSENTIAL OIL DILUTION RATES FOR CHILDREN
Essential oils are very powerful. That's one reason why we love them so much. However, because they are so powerful, we need to remember that a little bit goes a long way, especially with children. When you use essential oils topically on a child, you must dilute them even more than you do for an adult. Here is a handy, easy-to-read chart that will show you how much to dilute essential oils for children under 12.
When you are diluting an oil that is already blended in a base of FCO, you adjust the ratio by tripling the number of drops. So if a neat (unblended) oil needs to be diluted, put 1-2 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil. You can dilute a blended oil 3-6 drops in 1 ounce carrier oil.
For application on a child, a general rule is to use:
|Dilute in 1 ounce (30 ml) of carrier oil|
|2-6 months||0-1 drop|
|6-12 months||1-2 drops|
|1-4 years||1-5 drops|
|5-7 years||3-6 drops|
|8-12 years||5-10 drops|
Always test on a nickel sized portion of skin first. Make sure your skin can handle the oil/blend before using.